Tonight I made some little Chocolate Mousse cups for my husband to take to work with him tomorrow. I have to laugh, it’s just like making cupcakes for your child’s school function. “Don’t forget your pudding cups for your workers today honey.” :)
I had some beautiful avocados in the fridge that were begging to be used. They were perfectly ripe and I knew they weren’t going to last too much longer so I knew that I had to get busy in the kitchen. I can’t stand for food to go to waste! You could use this recipe to make parfaits or even in a tart pan with a nut crust. Enjoy and many blessings, amie sue
yields 2 cups
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, soaked
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup mashed avocados, ripe!
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup water
- In your food processor, using the “S” blade, combine the dates, agave and vanilla until nice and smooth.
- Add the mashed avocados and cacao powder. Blend until nice and smooth, stopping the processor every once in a while to scrap the sides down.
- Unripe avocados won’t blend as smooth, plus they will impart a bitter taste.
- Add the water and blend until nice and creamy.
- The mousse will keep for 3 days in the fridge or 2 weeks in the freezer.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Top with Lemon Vanilla Frosting.