Queso Blanco Mexican Cheese DipAdd to favorites
One can never have enough “cheese” recipes in their arsenal. My husband is a snacker, more like a grazer, so I like to keep the kitchen stocked with raw treats that he can indulge on whenever the mood strikes. This dip can be used in so many ways; dip your veggies in it, pour over lightly steamed veggies, dip your chips or crackers, eat it with a spoon (sheepishly looks away), spread it on a wrap or sandwich or or or…. I used a can of green chillies for this recipes. If you are 100% raw you can use raw, fresh chillies, diced or just omit them. But they do add a nice flavor to this yummy cheese dip.
Ingredients: yields approx. 2 cups
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups orange or red bell pepper (use organic, it’s on the dirty list)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 2 hours
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/4 cup canned green chillies
- Rough chop the bell pepper then put it in the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the oil), in the listed order, into the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. This may take up to 5 minutes. It depends on the blender!
- Once the “cheese” sauce is smooth, while the blender is running, drizzle in the olive oil. Don’t over-mix, just blend until combined.
- Store in a glass, air-tight container for up to a week.
Equipment Needed: (my personal recommendations)