Raw Chocolate covered Blueberry Leather Lollipops ~ Gourmet Edition ~
Add to favorites
These Blueberry Leather lollipops have stepped up to the level of true sophistication. The rich coating of chocolate and the added layer of crushed almonds and shredded coconut really dresses up this treat making it ready for the Red Carpet. This treat is so amazing, I even shocked myself. I had an idea that it would taste good but not THIS good. OMGosh, golly, gee-wiz!!! I took a bite… my teeth melted right through the thick chocolate coating, instantly releasing a rich aroma of chocolate (intoxication started to set in), I paused for a nanosecond, fearful that the fruit leather would be tough and cause some resistance, but it didn’t… I completed my bite…aaaah, nirvana!
I pulled the sucker away from my lips, closed my eyes and I took my time, savoring the chewy delight. What amazed me the most was that every flavor complimented each other. The chocolate didn’t overpower the blueberry leather, the blueberry leather didn’t override the chocolate, the slight hint of coconut. My eyes widened and my body relaxed back into itself as I marveled at my creation of the flavors that were swirling about my mouth. As I swallowed, the sweet essence of blueberry and chocolate coated my throat, it was warming, it was sensuous, it was… it was… it was….(them to the Sound of Music swells in the background)… it was heavenly. I can’t say anymore, you MUST try this for yourself.
Ingredients: yields 3 cups
- 4 cups fresh organic blueberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds, ground
- 1 tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp liquid stevia (I use NuNaturals)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Irish moss gel
- Hardening Chocolate recipe
- In the blender combine all ingredients listed above. Blend until nice and smooth. The skins of the blueberries will somewhat remain.
- Allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes. This is a good time to prepare the dehydrator sheets.
- Place the teflex sheet on the mesh sheet and spray a very light coat of coconut oil on the teflex sheet. This will help with the removal of the lollipops when they have completed their dry cycle.
- Using a Tbsp, drop a spoonful worth onto the teflex sheet. Be sure to stagger them so there is room to put the sucker stick into them.
- Slide the sucker stick into each circle of puree.
- Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour. Then reduce the temp to 115 degrees (F) and continue to dry for approx. 8 hours.
3 bowls, stating from the left – ground almonds, melted chocolate, and shredded coconut.
Coat the fruit leather lollipop with chocolate. Gently tap it on the edge of the bowl to release excess chocolate.
Here I coated the chocolate covered lollipop with ground almonds.
This one was coated with the shredded coconut. Yum!