What is Raw Organic Cacao Powder (Chocolate Powder)?
- All chocolate is made from Cacao Beans (also known as Cocoa Beans). Cacao is chocolate! All the antioxidant value, mineral benefits, neurotransmitter rejuvenating properties, and overall health-giving qualities of chocolate are found in raw Cacao Beans! Organic raw cacao powder is created by taking the nibs and then cold-pressing the oil out. When the oil is removed from the nibs, what results is dense, nutritionally packed dry mass. This mass is then ground into fine powder. Throughout this process every precaution is taken to ensure that no heat is used and maximum potency results. Raw Organic Chocolate Powder has a delightful, full, antioxidant-rich chocolate flavor.
RAW Cacao Ingredients:
- Just one ingredient: raw, organic cacao powder. No sugar, no dairy.
How To Use Raw Cacao Powder:
- Add cacao powder to all your favorite smoothies, teas, coffee mixes, smoothies, desserts or anything else you can think of. Just one or two spoonfuls can transform any recipe into a healthy chocolate treat. It even goes great on top of fresh fruit!
- Refrigeration or storage in a cool, dry place (out of direct sunlight) is recommended, yet not required.
Health Benefits: (gathered by David Wolfe)
Cacao polyphenols have been scientifically shown to:
1. Lower blood pressure
2. Lower vascular cell adhesion
3. Increase circulating Nitric Oxide
4.Decrease platelet aggregation
5. Decrease rates of death from cardiac mortality and all mortality in general
6. Improve insulin sensitivity
7. Decrease fasting insulin
8. Increase blood flow to the brain
9. Inhibit plasma lipid oxidation
10. Decrease chronic inflammation in the body and cardio-vascular system in general.
Please keep in mind this is an ingredient and not meant to be eaten as is.