- Hide menu
What is psyllium?
- It is a plant-derived soluble fiber, available as coarse “husks” or finely ground.
- Pure psyllium seed husk contains no gluten. The psyllium plant is not a wheat. Look for a premium, pure product with no additives if you are on a celiac diet.
How do I use psyllium?
- You can use it as an egg substitute in recipes.
- It can be used to thicken and give body to fillings, puddings, and sauces.
- For best results, use a maximum of 1 tsp of ground psyllium per 2 cups total recipe volume. Whisk or blend briefly into a recipe. Be careful to not over-blend. Chill recipe for at least 2 hours to set.