Sweet Chia Cracker
These crackers are amazing! I have really been playing around with chia seeds since they are packed with wonderful nutrients! I have a small right up on chia seeds but to gather more information on them, Google is your friend. Click here.
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups date water, (by-product from soaking dates) could use any fruit juice
- 1 cup dried raisin melody
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 – 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Soak chia seeds in fruit juice for 1 hour in a medium-sized bowl. Be prepared for chia to really swell up!
- Add spices, dried fruit and chocolate chips. Stir well.
- Add in ground flax seeds, mix well, and set aside for about 10 minutes. This will cause the mixture to thicken up some more.
- Spread mixture on the non-stick Teflex sheet that comes with your dehydrator. Using an off-set spatula, spread mixture to about 1/4″ thick. Square up the edges.
- Dehydrate for 1 hour at 145 degrees, decrease to 105 degrees and continue to dehydrate for about 10 hours. This cracker will remain chewy.
- Cut into desired shapes and sizes.
- Store in an airtight container and in the fridge.
**Ground flax seeds – using a coffee grinder you can grind your own, fresh flax powder. It is best to grind only what is needed. It will lose its nutrients the longer it sits around in this form.
**Date water – I made a jar of date paste, I hate throwing anything out and I had all of this beauty sweet water, created by the dates. So I used this to soak my chia seeds in.