This dill sauce is wonderful. The garlic is rather strong so when you make your sauce add one clove at a time and taste test as you go. Personally, I love garlic. Also, you can thin this sauce to whatever you desire as well. When I first made this recipe I did a single batch, my husband and I ate all of it and then made more.
Creamy Garlic Dill Sauce
(Allisa Cohen, tweaked by Amie Sue)
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for approximately 2 hours
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp dill
- ½ tsp salt, plus extra for pasta
- Place all remaining ingredients in blender and blend until a creamy sauce is created.
- Taste to see if more salt is needed.
- Sauce can be warmed in dehydrator if wished.
- This sauce is great served on top zucchini pasta or as a veggie dip.