Caramel Sauce / Frosting (raw, vegan, gluten-free)
Add to favorites
This Raw Caramel Sauce / Frosting recipe screams gluttony! But in the most healthy way. :)
I made this sauce to combine it with another recipe that I was creating. I ended up with a small bowl left over. The minute I turned my back, the bowl disappeared along with an apple. I found Bob in the corner, dipping his apple slices into the caramel sauce. He was in another world, a world that only consisted of caramel, apples and himself.
I decided to give him space and allow him to savor his treat. He polished off the bowl, patted his tummy and moaned in pleasure. I took that as a good sign…this recipe is a keeper!
Ingredients: yields 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or raw dark agave syrup
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Place the almond butter, sweetener, date paste, vanilla and salt in a high-powdered blender and process until smooth.
- Stop occasionally to scrap the sides down.
- Store in the fridge in a glass container. Good for approximately 2 weeks.
- To soften, leave out at room temperature for a few hours.
Hungry for Raw Caramel Apples? Click here.