Veggie Burger (raw, vegan, gluten-free)
Add to favorites
Hamburgers are an all American favorite comfort food. Some like them plain with maybe a little ketchup and others like the juices to run down your arms.
I prefer them somewhere in between. These patties are loaded with nutrients so therefor they will really fill you up.
Bob and I found this Veggie Burger rather tasty, well at least one would think so when we downed 2 burgers without inhaling, blinking or talking. The patties are wonderful to make up ahead of time and then store them in a sealed container in your fridge. Then when the urge hits you…have at it!
Portobello Mushrooms: Buy And Store
Select plump firm and solid mushrooms. Avoid the limp or dried looking ones. They should not be shriveled or slippery (which indicates decomposition). The mushroom should have a nice earthy smell. Remove the mushrooms from any wrapping and spread on a tray and cover with paper toweling. Don’t moisten the toweling or the mushrooms and place them in the refrigerator in an area that allows the air to circulate. Avoid placing any other items on top of them. The mushrooms should keep about 5 – 6 days.
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of cold pressed olive oil
- 1/4 cup of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup raw pecans, soaked
- a handful cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes
- olive oil, a few squirts
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground chili peppers
- few squirts of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cut the stems from the mushrooms and gently scoop some of the center out so that the burger will fit between two mushrooms.
- Brush the inside and outside of the mushroom with the combined olive oil and Bragg’s.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees (F) on the mesh sheets for 6 hours then turn over and dehydrate another 6 hours.
- Remove and build your burger.
- You can make the patties and the buns at the same time!
- Mixed it all up in the food processor, I added a little water to help it mix real smooth.
- Formed patties and placed on the mesh trays that come with the dehydrator.
- Dehydrate on 115 degrees (F) for 16 hrs or to your liking.