Touchdown Spicy Cheese Dip (raw, GF, vegan)
Add to favorites
This Touchdown Spicy Cheese Dip is amazing! The nutritional yeast is the key ingredient here to give it that cheesy flavor. So my recommendation is to get a really good quality nutritional yeast.
I prefer Red Star brand. I have tried several other brands and the flavor just doesn’t measure up. Nutritional yeast is rich in vitamins, especially the B-complex vitamins.
I made this “cheese” sauce today and my husband was moaning with each bite. I then took it to the store to test it out on the employees and they too really loved it. This is a keeper!!
If you don’t care for heat in your foods, you can easily omit the crushed dried pepper and it will still taste amazing. This sauce pairs wonderfully with flax crackers, corn chips, veggies, on top of zucchini noodles, nachos, as a base to making kale chips, goodness, I could go on and on.
I call this Touchdown Spicy Cheese Dip because it reminds me of the perfect cheese dip to serve during the Superbowl and the other 364 days in between.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large red bell pepper, deseeded and rough chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 2 hrs
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper or 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Soak the cashew nuts for at least 2 hours, this will help to soften the nuts to make a smooth, creamy sauce. Drain and rinse when ready to use.
- In a high-powered blender combine; lemon juice, water and red bell pepper. Blend till the pepper is well liquefied.
- Add the cashews, nutritional yeast, pepper, onion, garlic and salt. Blend until creamy and no grit is detected.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight sealed container for up to 4-5 days.