Coconut Aminos (raw) My #1 pick of these products.
- is a Natural Soy-Free Sauce
- is raw
- is gluten-free
- is vegan
- is dairy free
Coconut Aminos vs. Soy-based sauces
- Among the many nutritional benefits of our Coconut Aminos product, the most notable is its impressive amino acid content compared to soy-based sauces. Commonly described as the “building blocks of protein,” amino acids are vitally important to human health. They contribute to the repair and rebuilding of muscle tissue, help to enhance overall brain and nervous system function, and assist in boosting the immune system and physical energy levels. Second only to water protein is on of the most important substances in our bodies which is why it is nutritionally beneficial to consume a diet that is rich in amino acids.
- A comparison between coconut tree sap and soy, shows that coconut sap contains up to 14 times the amino acid content of soy. Many soy sauces on the market are fermented by first soaking the soybeans in water and salt, and then adding specific cultures of molds, yeasts and bacteria to help catalyze the fermentation process. Coconut Aminos is made from coconut tree sap, which comes right out of the tree so vital, active and alive nutrients, that is only blending with our own sun dried mineral-rich sea salt and aged, without the need for a fermentation booster or added water. As well, the majority of conventional soy sauces on the market are made with non-organic, genetically modified (GMO) soybeans. Long term use of unfermented soy0related products has led to an increase in soy allergies, a disruption in proper thyroid function, and an overload of estrogen in the body. Infants fed exclusively soy-based formula have 13,000 – 22,000 times more estrogen compounds in their blood than babies fed milk-based formula, the equivalent of five birth control pills per day.
Health Secrets of Coconut Aminos
- When the coconut tree is tapped, it produces a highly nutrient-rich “sap” that exudes from the coconut blossoms. This sap is very low glycemic (GI of only 35), is an abundant source of amino acids, minerals, vitamin C, broad-spectrum B vitamins, and has a nearly neutral pH.
- Use Coconut Aminos like soy sauce in dressings, marinades, sautes, and with sushi. “We love it so much we pour it over almost everything!”
- Certified Organic Coconut Sap – naturally aged and blended with Sun Dried, Mineral-Rich Sea Salt. THIS PRODUCT IS BOTTLED IN A FACILITY THAT DOES NOT HANDLE OR PROCESS TREE NUTS OF ANY KIND.
Braggs Liquid Amino (not raw)
- Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, which contains Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids. If you use Braggs Liquid Amino in recipes, chances are you won’t need to add salt. Keep this mind so you don’t ruin a recipe with to much salt flavor.
- no chemicals
- no artificial coloring
- no alcohol
- no preservatives
- no Gluten
- Certified NON-GMO
How to use Braggs:
- Braggs is wonderful on salads, use dressings, soups, on veggies, and many other items.
- Ingredients: Our Bragg Liquid Aminos are made from health-giving, NON-GMO soybeans and purified water. They are an excellent, healthy, gourmet replacement for Tamari and Soy Sauce. Not fermented or heated and Gluten-Free.
- Bragg’s has a small amount of naturally occurring sodium. No table salt is added. If less sodium is desired use a 6 oz. Bragg’s spray bottle and dilute with 1/3 distilled water or to taste and then either add in or spray on food.
Organic Gluten Free Tamari Sauce (not raw)
- The well-balanced, smooth rich flavor of tamari goes beyond its saltiness and blends so well with so many spices that the salt shaker won’t even be missed; low sodium varieties are also available. Tamari can be found in your local health food stores and supermarkets year-round. Tamari is dark brown in color and usually slightly thicker than regular soy sauce.
- Organic Gluten Free Tamari is certified by Quality Assurance International (QAI). Organic Tamari is made with 100% soybeans and no wheat. It is naturally fermented for up to 6 months. We add no MSG or artificial preservatives. Organic Gluten Free Tamari’s fermentation process is different than ordinary soy sauce, giving it unique flavor enhancing properties. Use it as a marinade. Reduce sodium levels in your cooking without compromising taste. One teaspoon of Organic Tamari contains one-eighth the sodium as one teaspoon of salt. Certified gluten free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization.
- no MSG
- no artificial preservatives
- no wheat
- is not raw
- is fermented
- is gluten free
Ingredients: Water, Organic Soybeans, Salt, Organic Alcohol (to preserve freshness)
Namu Shoyu (raw)
- No other soy sauce in America comes close to this 100% organic, non-GMO Nama Shoyu in flavor or quality. It’s the only soy sauce that’s aged for four years in cedar kegs by a unique double-brew process, so it can be made with less salt naturally, while still retaining its full-bodied flavor and delicate bouquet. Nama Shoyu is also unpasteurized (read: the only raw soy sauce available in North America); it’s full of health-giving live enzymes and beneficial organisms like lactobacillus.
- is organic
- considered raw
Ingredients: Organic whole soybeans, mountain spring water, organic whole wheat, sea salt. Contains wheat.