I made this Caramel Apple Crumble is a very warming dessert that is gluten-free and raw. You must try this recipe! for some special friends of ours, Chris and Tracy. How can one possibly go wrong with caramel?! Carmel can make a flip-flop taste good, haha. When I sent this crumble home with Tracy I provided a squeeze bottle that held the left over caramel sauce so they could drizzle it over the pie. I encourage you to give this recipe a try and if you do, please let me know how it turned out or if you made any new variations to it.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or dark agave syrup
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 6 medium Pink Lady apples, cored, peeled and diced
- 8 large pitted medjool dates
- 3/4 cup raisins (or use a few more dates)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Process ingredients together in a food processor with the “S” blade until crumbly.
- Press into a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Set aside about 1/4 of a cup to use as a crumble on top of the dessert.
- Place all ingredients in a high-powdered blender and process until smooth.
- Stop occasionally to scrap the sides down. Spread 3/4 of the caramel sauce on top of the crust. We will drizzle the remainder over the top of the crumble at the very end.
- Blend 2 apples, dates, raisins, cinnamon until smooth in the food processor with the “S” blade.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- In food processor chop the other 4 apples. Be careful not to make a puree out of this, you just want small bits.
- Mix into the blended mixture.
- Spread into pie crust. Chill.
- Garnish with apple slices that have tossed in lemon juice to preserve the color.
- Sprinkle some of the left over crust crumble over the top and then drizzle the rest of the carmel sauce over the top.